Thursday, June 10, 2010

Do you like to play Hangman?

I frequently use Spelling City to help with spelling words. One of our favorite activities on that site is Hangman. My daughter received a magnetic Hangman game last week and I realized it would be a great tool to work on spelling words. When the spelling words are first introduced, you could allow your child to keep the list out. He could even refer to the list during the game. Think about it: your child will repeatedly scan the list to find the correct word. You could also progress to removing the list. Another great way to play Hangman would be to tell your child the definition and have them "guess the correct word. Again, they could have the option to look at the list. Last week we played Hangman for hours. It was a great game for the 4 of us. We each tried to find clever words that were also very common. I got my family on the word "Hangman". It was a hoot! They couldn't believe I got them with the name of the game.

Happy spelling,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment