Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I'm Reading This Summer

A few weeks ago I decided to read a "grown-up" book for fun. We were at a relatives house who has A LOT of books. I decided on "The Time Travelers Wife". It had really good reviews and was recently made into a movie. I opened the book~ and didn't want to read it! What's wrong with me? I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I prefer juvenile fiction! Maybe I'm just looking for something easy, but I really, really prefer juvenile fiction. So, I'll tell you about the juvenile fiction books I'm reading this summer.
1. Little House on the Prairie. I'd never read this before. No wonder it's a classic! It's wonderful! Now, I guess I'll have to watch the television show.
2. The 39 Clues: One False Note. This series is published by Scholastic and is intended to be an interactive experience. I've enjoyed this adventure fiction, but haven't done any of the extra (interactive) activities.
3. Miss Daisy is Crazy. This is a great book for reluctant readers. It's a very silly chapter book with lots of pictures. It is interesting for a variety of ages.
4. Hank Zipzer The World's Greatest Underachiever: My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard. Another good book for reluctant readers. It's a very silly account of a little boy that struggles with ADHD.

Just so I don't sounds too pathetic, I'm also reading a nonfiction recommended by my husband. "The Prodigal God" is by Timothy Keller. It takes a very familiar Bible story and sheds new information on parts that were probably skipped.

I hope everyone has a great time reading this summer!

Susanne

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Susanne! Prodigal God is a great read. I, too, enjoy Young Adult Literature...probably because it requires little thinking!

    ReplyDelete