Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How is your business going?

I've had many friends and family ask me about my business. So, I thought I'd make a blog post to let everyone know: IT'S GOING GREAT! I'm happy to report that my schedule is almost maxed out. I can only accept one or two other students right now. More importantly, though, I absolutely love it and I feel like I'm meeting the needs of children and their parents. They are constantly affirming our work. It is such a blessing to see these students recognize that I'm on their side. One of my students even told AG I was "cool"! How funny is that? I had another little one thank me for teaching her to read. That makes my heart smile! Just yesterday, one particular guy had a break-through. He asked me how many books he could borrow. He'd never willingly read a book before. Finally, I got this sweet note from a mama:
I am so grateful for you - I feel like I have a partner in this now and it feels very good to be proactive. Anna had so much fun at the session last week and I like that she knows that we are doing whatever it takes to help her as much as we can. I have told everyone about how much I appreciate your ideas - everything you have said makes so much sense to me and makes me feel like we are on the right path. Friends, this is a direct quote. All I did was change the name of the child. How sweet! Thank you for inviting me into your hearts and lives! I feel like I'm your partner in raising these precious readers.

Happy reading,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment